Kids love toys- toys that can sing and dance, make noises and so on. And most of the time parents go out to buy toys like this. But they need to know one thing that apart from buying such toys for their kids, they should buy those which, apart from providing enjoyment, can provide education to their toddlers also.
Choosing the suitable educational toy is very important. There are various types of toys as such, to name a few; boomerang, plantoys, building blocks, art and crafts, counting blocks, etc. There is a wide range of toys available all around the world. Australia has got some really good shops online where parents can buy development toys for their babies. Because of the wide variety, parents may get confused as to which toys are suitable for their kids. They need to keep in mind while buying that the toys should be age appropriate. Click here for more info on Plantoys Australia.
Following are some of the points which one should keep in mind while buying development toys for their kids and babies:
1. Know what development toys actually are
Playing is an integral part of child’s growth and knowing the environment around them. So, choose such toys for them which will help them in their learning process to increase the motor skills, language skills, cognitive skills and logical skills. You can buy melissa and doug from Ausrtalia Wooden Shape Sorting Clock, game screw vehicles, tool kit, puzzles and many more. All these toys help greatly in a child’s development.
2. Different types of development toys
Development toys are mainly categorised depending on the age group like, babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers, primary school age and teens. Apart from that development toys are also divided on the types of skill you wantto develop in your child:
– Muscle and physical development toys: bikes, wagons, blocks, boxes, shovel, etc.
– Sensory toys which help in understanding sight, sound, touch, smell and taste. Some of the examples are: sand toys, play dough, musical instruments, and water toys and so on.
– Creative and intellectual toys: paints, paper and scissors, books, clay, etc.
– Make believe toys for social development: cars, trucks, dress-up clothes, dolls, board games, books, etc.
3. Why are developmental toys so important for toddlers and kids?
There are several reasons behind this- developmental toys help children to learn balancing and coordinating, it enhances their social skills and power of imagination. Not only this, but developmental toys also help in developing cognitive and language skills.